Different types of Facebook Advertising
If you’re reading this article, you’ll know that Facebook offers two types of paid advertising: Facebook Ads and boosted posts. According to Facebook, one in five minutes is spent on either Facebook or Instagram; so you can breathe now you know you’ve chosen the right platform! But whether you’re using Facebook advertising to increase brand awareness or drive new leads, you’re likely tossing up the pros and cons of each. It’s worth noting that yes – both types of Facebook advertising are affordable, capable of reaping quick results and has excellent built-in targeting. Here are a few ways in which they differ though:
The pros of Facebook Ads in Facebook advertising
- Facebook Ads are campaign-based so you can analyse and tweak them accordingly;
- You can use all types of media within your creatives, including multiple images (called carousel ads) and video;
- You can manage Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads in tandem.
The cons of Facebook Ads in Facebook advertising
- Facebook has strict guidelines on images you’re allowed to use;
- Sponsored Facebook Ads aren’t always obvious to users (you could say this is a pro, too, depending on whether the reader stops scrolling or not!);
- You’ve only got 100 words to play with.
The pros of boosted posts in Facebook advertising
- Facebook’s `boost post` feature is quick to launch;
- You can use existing posts to create an ad;
- The feature is easy to use.
The cons of boosted posts in Facebook advertising
- Boosted posts are not campaign-based;
- They’re only effective for brand awareness and engagement, and not lead gen or conversion.
If you’d like further info on the pros and cons of both types, feel free to message, email, or call me anytime!
What type of Facebook Advertising should I use?
If you’re new to Facebook advertising, it’s sometimes better to get the opinion of a Facebook Ads strategist who can review your goals and understand what you’re trying to achieve.